InteractVTrans is a web-based application providing access to VTrans-related data such as VTrans Mid-term Needs and Priorities, VTrans Macrotrends and their Long-term Impacts, VTrans Key Performance Indicators, etc.
Purpose: InteractVTrans Map Explorer provides three primary functions:
- SEARCH + DOWNLOAD: search and download VTrans data specific for a city, county, MPO, or PDC area and other areas of geographic interest.
- VIEW + DOWNLOAD LAYERS: View layers of interest and download layers generated for VTrans.
- COMMENT: comment by dropping a point on the map and noting a specific comment or idea relevant to VTrans.
Available Layers: As of August 2021, the following layers are available for viewing, searching, and downloading functions.
- VTrans Travel Markets
- CoSS Roadways
- CoSS Roadway Buffer
- CoSS Rail Components
- CoSS Intermodal Components
- Regional Networks
- Urban Development Areas
- Committed Projects and Studies
- Six-Year Improvement Program (Points)
- Six-Year Improvement Program (Lines)
- STARS Studies
- Arterial Management Plans (In Development)
- GAP-TA Locations
- VTrams Mid-term Needs
- 2019 VTrans Prioritized Mid-term Needs
- 2019 VTrans Mid-Term Needs (Nodes)
- 2019 VTrans Mid-Term Needs (Segments)
- Political Boundaries
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Planning District Commissions
- Construction Districts
- County and City
- Roadways and Safety
- Roadway Characteristics
- Crash Data
- Vehicle Restrictions
- VTrans Vulnerability Assessment
- Multimodal Facilities
- Bus Stops
- Park and Ride Lots
- State Funded Intercity Bus Routes
- Passenger Rail Stations
- Rail Lines
- Long Distance Bicycle Routes
- Bicycle Facilities
- Intermodal Facilities
- Maine and Inland Ports
- InteractVTrans Public Comments
- VEDP Business-Ready Program Sites
- VTrans Activity Centers
- Equity Emphasis Areas
- Please refer to other limitations included in metadata which can be accessed by using the “i” information buttons.
- Unless OIPI has been identified as the official Source System of Record (SSR), no business decisions should be made based on this data without first validating its accuracy against the official Source System of Record (SSR).
How-To Resource for InteractVTrans
Click through the various function steps to become familiar with the features of InteractVTrans.
Tutorial: InteractVTrans Map Explorer
Search + DownloadProvides ability to query and filter VTrans data specific to a city, county, MPO or PDC area and other areas of geographic interest. Users have the ability to download search results in multiple formats
Search + Download Function
Example 1: Simple search by jurisdiction
Example 2: All selected criteria met
Example 3: Any selected criteria met
Save Query ID
Retrieve and Download Function
View + DownloadProvides ability to explore VTrans map layers and other linked data sources. Users have the ability to download layers and metadata for data hosted by OIPI and/or create a printable map.
Create Print-Ready Map
CommentProvides ability to provide public comment by dropping a point on the map and noting a specific comment or idea relevant to Virginia's Statewide Transportation Plan.
Add a Comment